This fun skirt caught my eye a couple months ago, but I couldn't justify spending over $100 for it. It was lucky timing that eventually sealed the deal. I returned to the J.Crew site to buy a gift for someone and it was still sitting in my cart, otherwise forgotten. This time, it was on sale and there was an additional promo code for summer clearance. At half off, I had to own it!
I was immediately drawn to this skirt for its versatility. I could easily dress it up with heels, go casual with sneakers or anything in between. The vibrant, fun colors also caught my eye. I realized that I've been wearing a lot of neutral colors all summer long. When I look at the monthly view in my closet app, it's mostly a sea of black and white with some other colors mixed in. This skirt is the perfect departure from that.
After one wear, this skirt became one of my favorites for all the reasons listed, but it's also a very flattering cut. It hits just below my rib cage at my skinniest point and the tulip style adds just the right amount of volume on the bottom. There's also a super cute tie in the back to add a tiny bit of drama. This skirt offered a welcome change from my usual collection of pencil and pleated skirts.
These two looks fit into completely different categories. By pairing it was sneakers and a striped tee, it's perfect for a #casualfriday or weekend go-to. Just by switching out the sneakers for heels and the tee for a crop top, this outfit is ready for date night or happy hour. To add one more level of fancy, I added the colorful statement necklace that just so happened to perfectly match some of the colors in the skirt.
I can’t wait to wear this skirt again and see how many power outfits I can create around it. Challenge accepted!
Unfortunately, this skirt is no longer available--that sale resulted in it selling out fast! However, I’ve put together a sampling of similar, fun skirts that may fit the bill. These pieces are begging to have a power outfit built around them!
- Faux suede wrap pencil skirt from Express for $49.90. I love the grommet detail and the luxe fabric of this one. This could be a multi-season piece.
- Hot pink flair print skirt from Banana Republic on sale for $69.99. The colors of this skirt make it a showstopper! I'm also drawn to the flattering cut.
- Floral wrap midi skirt by TopShop for $65.00. I really like the mix of the two floral prints. My striped tee and Adidas Superstars would pair perfectly with this skirt!
- Gingham wrap midi skirt by TopShop for $85.00. Recently, I've been very into gingham print--it's classic! The criss-cross cut makes this unique compared to your standard pencil skirt. It can also pair with so much! I'd try it with a bright colored or chambray button down.
- Floral pleated midi skirt by J. Crew for $98.00. I love this bold, floral pattern. Even more so, this skirt is so versatile, I feel I could pair it well with every neutral top in my closet!