With the end of another year upon us and the prospect of starting fresh, I can’t help but look back on highlights of 2016. Starting Magenta Blazer was definitely my favorite part of the year. I’ve always put a lot of planning into what I wear, but I didn’t start sharing my outfits and the crazy antics that go into putting them together until this past March. From the start with my namesake Magenta Blazer to just this past week where I shared four ways to heat up your winter sweater pairings, I hope you’re enjoying this adventure as much as I am.
Reiterating my very first blog post, "I love clothes, shopping and feeling confident in a great outfit. I won't claim I'm a fashionista or a fashion-anything, but I ️love a perfect combination of great pieces and the confidence that results from it." This still holds true today. It’s amazing how an outfit can really affect your mood. Here’s a look back at some of my favorite outfits from 2016.
My fiercest outfit: One of my most favorite trends and pleasant surprises of 2016 was the high-waisted and crop top pairing.
My most confident outfit: Equal parts comfort and style. This outfit was a chance pairing and made me incredibly happy.
The outfit that I will wear over and over: This was one of those moments where all the parts just came together perfectly. Why mess with perfection?!
What I wear when I want to own #casualfriday: I was incredibly excited for sneakers paired with skirts and dresses to be trendy again. My feet are also grateful.
My go-to outfit for an important meeting: This blush dress embodies fun and creativity while still saying boss lady. I had a lot of fun accessorizing it.
One tiny issue with sharing my outfits everyday is the pressure to always wear the freshest trends and have new outfits to show off. As a result, money spent on clothing has increased. This came to a head in June when I bought an entire summer wardrobe in one trip to Target. I’ve gone periods of vowing to not shop, but in 2017 one of my resolutions is to shop smarter. I need to buy items that make me feel happy and can be paired with several items that are already in my closet. Rather than buying the cheap item that is super trendy, I’ll go for comfort, happiness and items that I can see myself wearing for more than one season.
Favorite 2016 purchase: Wilfred vegan leather leggings from Aritizia. These amazingly versatile leggings symbolize how far I’ve ventured out of my comfort zone and how much I am loving it! They make me feel fierce and can be dressed up or down. Expect to see these quite a bit in 2017.
Smartest 2016 purchase: When you find jeans that just fit and you love the reflection back in the dressing room mirror, buy them! These Madewell jeans did not disappoint. In fact, I’ve started calling them my tall jeans--I’d wear them everyday if I could.
The item I’ve had forever and is still going strong: My Magenta Blazer, of course! This blazer remains the symbol of adding some sass to an otherwise standard item of clothing. Whether it be through color or unique pairings, I will continue to stand by the goals this namesake item stood for since the beginning.
The item that will take me through every season: This gingham print pencil skirt surprised me as an all-season go-to. The print is classic, yet fun. The high waist and longer length allow for some great pairings. This item is so versatile, it works perfectly for the heat of summer, business meetings and also my office holiday party! There aren’t many items you can say that for.
- May 2019
- Apr 15, 2019 Miami: Packing, Buying, Eating, Visiting Apr 15, 2019
- March 2019
- Feb 21, 2019 Winter Style Equation Feb 21, 2019
- January 2019
- Dec 30, 2018 A Celebration of 2018's Power Outfits Dec 30, 2018
- November 2018
- Oct 23, 2018 Season Transition is Hard. Seven Reasons it Doesn't Have to Be Oct 23, 2018
- Oct 8, 2018 Five Reasons Why I'm Choosing Jumpsuits Over Dresses (And One Where Dresses Will Always Win) Oct 8, 2018
- Sep 12, 2018 Cape May 2018: Humidity + Wine Sep 12, 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- Jun 28, 2018 I Manage My Closet from My Phone Jun 28, 2018
- Jun 13, 2018 A Tropical Vacation to Set my Wardrobe Tone for Summer Jun 13, 2018
- Jun 7, 2018 Sneaker addictions make for good sneaker reviews Jun 7, 2018
- May 25, 2018 A case for finding a forever seamstress May 25, 2018
- May 15, 2018 Monochromatic Style Experiment Turned Love Affair May 15, 2018
- May 9, 2018 Calling all shorties: DYIing your jeans length is so easy! May 9, 2018
- May 1, 2018 When watching TV turns into a shopping habit May 1, 2018
- April 2018
- Mar 20, 2018 White boots: yes or no? Mar 20, 2018
- Feb 21, 2018 Olympic training in Colorado...JK! Annual Sister Ski Trip Feb 21, 2018
- Jan 25, 2018 Seven Unique Ways to Layer Through Winter Jan 25, 2018
- Dec 30, 2017 My 2017 Style Dec 30, 2017
- Nov 5, 2017 The Perfect Leather Jacket Nov 5, 2017
- Oct 18, 2017 I accidentally bought a new wardrobe at Target...again (fall edition) Oct 18, 2017
- Oct 1, 2017 Caring For Your Red Bottoms Oct 1, 2017
- September 2017
- Aug 18, 2017 An outfit tour of London (Part Five) Aug 18, 2017
- Aug 17, 2017 An outfit tour of London (Part Four) Aug 17, 2017
- Aug 16, 2017 A Very Parisian Evening (Part Trois) Aug 16, 2017
- Aug 15, 2017 An outfit tour of Paris (Part Deux) Aug 15, 2017
- Aug 13, 2017 An outfit tour of Paris (Part Une) Aug 13, 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- Jan 27, 2017 Love what you wear Jan 27, 2017
- Jan 19, 2017 You can wear leather leggings and these are the ones Jan 19, 2017
- Jan 11, 2017 I wore a sweatshirt to work Jan 11, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 Winter essential: black tights Jan 2, 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- Jun 29, 2016 I accidentally bought a new summer wardrobe at Target Jun 29, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 Summer in the City Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 15, 2016 What I bought after a month of no shopping Jun 15, 2016
- Jun 9, 2016 My favorite pencil skirt Jun 9, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 My take on the sleeveless trench Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 You can never have too many stripes May 30, 2016
- May 23, 2016 Embracing the sneaker trend May 23, 2016
- May 16, 2016 Getting creative May 16, 2016
- May 13, 2016 Bare leg dress weather is here May 13, 2016
- May 10, 2016 Ode to the day-saving peplum May 10, 2016
- May 5, 2016 A vow to not shop May 5, 2016
- May 3, 2016 Let's talk color May 3, 2016
- Apr 29, 2016 Business trip: the next level of planning Apr 29, 2016
- Apr 27, 2016 The great trench adventure Apr 27, 2016
- Apr 26, 2016 This rule is meant to be broken Apr 26, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 The outfit-making necklace Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 19, 2016 The all-seasons dress Apr 19, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 Casual Friday Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 13, 2016 The power outfit Apr 13, 2016
- Apr 11, 2016 One shirt, two ways Apr 11, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Winter in April Apr 9, 2016
- Apr 4, 2016 Just another Manic Monday Apr 4, 2016
- March 2016