I’ve mentioned jumpsuits in many of my posts and recently realized they are slowly taking over my closet. It’s time I dedicate some words to my love of jumpsuits. I’ll convince you to also choose to reach for a jumpsuit in five reasons. Keep reading!
1. Jumpsuits are the perfect alternative to dresses
When I’m planning my outfit for an event like a shower or a dinner with my friends, I found myself browsing my dress section with little enthusiasm. I want to be unique, comfy, confident all at the same time and reaching for a dress doesn’t always check off the unique box every time. The right jumpsuit will give you the level of fancy you’re looking for while adding a fun twist. At a bridal shower I recently attended, I was the only jumpsuit in a sea of dresses, and that felt pretty great.
2. One piece, and you’re ready!
Similar to dresses, perhaps one of the greatest attributes of the jumpsuit is that you get a top and bottom in one. No need to worry about mixing, matching, styling. You’ll see me opting for jumpsuits on Monday mornings when my brain isn’t working (and I failed at planning my outfit the night before) or when I’m running super late (this tends to happen often). Slip on a jumpsuit, add a pair of shoes (honestly, any shoes work) and power walk out the door to conquer the day!
3. Shoo-in for power outfit status
When I have a big meeting at work, I want to make sure I’m wearing an outfit that matches the confidence level I want to portray. I also want to make sure I’m not fussing or worrying about being uncomfortable while I should be focusing on the topic of the meeting. Add a blazer to a jumpsuit and it’s an instant power outfit!
4. A dress with pants is always better
Ladies, let’s get honest. When you’re running late and power-walking your commute wearing a dress, I know I’m breaking a sweat and my thighs start rubbing together. It’s uncomfortable, annoying and causes irritation. Oh the joys of being a woman! In short, the jumpsuit is a dress with the added comfort of pants to avoid the thigh rub!
5. A perfect season transition item
Just add layers to your favorite jumpsuit to take if from summer to fall. I added my preppy cardigan to this navy jumpsuit to extend its wearing season and create a fun outfit for work. Blazers, bombers, denim jackets, leather jackets, chunky cardigans. All are super easy options. There’s also layering under. Try a turtleneck as a base layer under your jumpsuit for an added layer of warmth. See my fall transition below!
Where dresses always win
In the bathroom! If jumpsuits weren’t such a hassle in the ladies room, I’d wear them everyday. Calling all designers: PLEASE create a jumpsuit that doesn’t require me to strip naked in order to pee but also doesn’t look like an adult onsie. When this happens (hopefully soon) I will buy one for each day of the week.
My Jumpsuit Story
This one piece can be paired with sneakers, heels, mules, sandals, and the list goes on. Versatility with a capital V! The square neckline showed off my shoulders while the crisscrossed straps were just the right amount of drama. You won’t catch me in a jumpsuit that doesn’t have a cinched waist. With a full-body piece I need a defined waistline to be flattering on my body type. I’m also finding that I’m drawn to navy these days. This is a new-ish color for me, since I tend to stick with blacks, but having fun pairing lots of shoes. My only complaint about this jumpsuit is the fabric wrinkled quite easily. I had creases in the legs from sitting the majority of the day.
Shop My Jumpsuit
My exact jumpsuit is currently 30% off at Madewell! Shop now with code ONYOURMARK. I challenge you to take your favorite jumpsuit into fall and beyond with me!
- Nov 8, 2018 How I Shop Luxury Brands for Less Nov 8, 2018
- Oct 23, 2018 Season Transition is Hard. Seven Reasons it Doesn't Have to Be Oct 23, 2018
- Oct 8, 2018 Five Reasons Why I'm Choosing Jumpsuits Over Dresses (And One Where Dresses Will Always Win) Oct 8, 2018
- Sep 12, 2018 Cape May 2018: Humidity + Wine Sep 12, 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- Jun 28, 2018 I Manage My Closet from My Phone Jun 28, 2018
- Jun 13, 2018 A Tropical Vacation to Set my Wardrobe Tone for Summer Jun 13, 2018
- Jun 7, 2018 Sneaker addictions make for good sneaker reviews Jun 7, 2018
- May 25, 2018 A case for finding a forever seamstress May 25, 2018
- May 15, 2018 Monochromatic Style Experiment Turned Love Affair May 15, 2018
- May 9, 2018 Calling all shorties: DYIing your jeans length is so easy! May 9, 2018
- May 1, 2018 When watching TV turns into a shopping habit May 1, 2018
- April 2018
- Mar 20, 2018 White boots: yes or no? Mar 20, 2018
- Feb 21, 2018 Olympic training in Colorado...JK! Annual Sister Ski Trip Feb 21, 2018
- Jan 25, 2018 Seven Unique Ways to Layer Through Winter Jan 25, 2018
- Dec 30, 2017 My 2017 Style Dec 30, 2017
- Nov 5, 2017 The Perfect Leather Jacket Nov 5, 2017
- Oct 18, 2017 I accidentally bought a new wardrobe at Target...again (fall edition) Oct 18, 2017
- Oct 1, 2017 Caring For Your Red Bottoms Oct 1, 2017
- September 2017
- Aug 18, 2017 An outfit tour of London (Part Five) Aug 18, 2017
- Aug 17, 2017 An outfit tour of London (Part Four) Aug 17, 2017
- Aug 16, 2017 A Very Parisian Evening (Part Trois) Aug 16, 2017
- Aug 15, 2017 An outfit tour of Paris (Part Deux) Aug 15, 2017
- Aug 13, 2017 An outfit tour of Paris (Part Une) Aug 13, 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- Jan 27, 2017 Love what you wear Jan 27, 2017
- Jan 19, 2017 You can wear leather leggings and these are the ones Jan 19, 2017
- Jan 11, 2017 I wore a sweatshirt to work Jan 11, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 Winter essential: black tights Jan 2, 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- Jun 29, 2016 I accidentally bought a new summer wardrobe at Target Jun 29, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 Summer in the City Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 15, 2016 What I bought after a month of no shopping Jun 15, 2016
- Jun 9, 2016 My favorite pencil skirt Jun 9, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 My take on the sleeveless trench Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 You can never have too many stripes May 30, 2016
- May 23, 2016 Embracing the sneaker trend May 23, 2016
- May 16, 2016 Getting creative May 16, 2016
- May 13, 2016 Bare leg dress weather is here May 13, 2016
- May 10, 2016 Ode to the day-saving peplum May 10, 2016
- May 5, 2016 A vow to not shop May 5, 2016
- May 3, 2016 Let's talk color May 3, 2016
- Apr 29, 2016 Business trip: the next level of planning Apr 29, 2016
- Apr 27, 2016 The great trench adventure Apr 27, 2016
- Apr 26, 2016 This rule is meant to be broken Apr 26, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 The outfit-making necklace Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 19, 2016 The all-seasons dress Apr 19, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 Casual Friday Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 13, 2016 The power outfit Apr 13, 2016
- Apr 11, 2016 One shirt, two ways Apr 11, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Winter in April Apr 9, 2016
- Apr 4, 2016 Just another Manic Monday Apr 4, 2016
- March 2016