My sister and I spent a week galavanting around Paris and London. Neither of us had been to Europe before, so we wanted to form our own opinions on as many of the sites we've heard and read so much about as we could.
This was no trip for the weary. We had limited time at each location and wanted to check all the must-sees off our list. We ended up walking ten+ miles a day.
I tacked this trip on after spending a week in the French Alps, so I had to be very strategic with my limited suitcase space. My approach was very simple: lots of light weight, comfy items paired with walkable shoes.
We went a bit photo crazy so that you can join the trip! Take a tour of Paris and London with us in a five part series. Experience every landmark and outfit, starting with our arrival in Paris.
We lucked out by finding an AirBnB in this trendy neighborhood full of great cafes and stores. Upon arrival, we did some exploring for dinner and to pick up some essentials. I was flying from Geneva and my sister came in on a long flight from the States, so we were totally happy with roaming the streets and taking it all in for a relaxing first day.
Outfit 1, Day 1
This outfit is a combination of my flying jeans (comfort is the priority on flights) and an easy white camisole. I love this cami because it's two layers of a silky, light weight material. There is no chance of seeing through it! This also begins my week of comfy walking shoes, beginning with my beloved Adidas Allstars.
Outfit 2, Day 2
Relaxation was over by day two. We got serious with our must-see checklist, covering the most ground on the first full day in Paris. The weather was gorgeous: Brilliant blue skies and hot hot hot. I've been saving this gingham dress for the trip and knew this was my chance to wear it. The square neckline and the bowtie straps gives this dress a special place in my closet and in my heart. I love this fun spin on a gingham classic. Navy and pink is one of my favorite color pairings. Luckily, my pink Chucks are also super walkable.
Sacre Coeur Basilique
In the Montmartre neighborhood, we climbed up about three stories of steps to see some of the greatest views of Paris, not to mention one of the most beautiful churches. My sister and I enjoyed breakfast and did some damage shopping for Parisian art before heading back down.
Admittedly we didn't actually go inside the Louvre, but we explored the area from above. The combination of modern and ancient influences was very striking. Also amazing how you're walking the streets one second and standing in history the next. This feeling of time travel does not exist to this magnitude in New York.
The river serves as a centerpiece to the City and a major hanging place for the locals. If I were to come back to Paris--and I really hope I do soon--I would get a baguette, some cheese, a bottle of wine and hang out along the river the entire time.
Absolutely gorgeous. My sister and I were in awe of the colors and intricate details. Our timing couldn't have been better, given the sun shining through creating sparkling rainbows. The pictures don't do it justice.
- Nov 8, 2018 How I Shop Luxury Brands for Less Nov 8, 2018
- Oct 23, 2018 Season Transition is Hard. Seven Reasons it Doesn't Have to Be Oct 23, 2018
- Oct 8, 2018 Five Reasons Why I'm Choosing Jumpsuits Over Dresses (And One Where Dresses Will Always Win) Oct 8, 2018
- Sep 12, 2018 Cape May 2018: Humidity + Wine Sep 12, 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- Jun 28, 2018 I Manage My Closet from My Phone Jun 28, 2018
- Jun 13, 2018 A Tropical Vacation to Set my Wardrobe Tone for Summer Jun 13, 2018
- Jun 7, 2018 Sneaker addictions make for good sneaker reviews Jun 7, 2018
- May 25, 2018 A case for finding a forever seamstress May 25, 2018
- May 15, 2018 Monochromatic Style Experiment Turned Love Affair May 15, 2018
- May 9, 2018 Calling all shorties: DYIing your jeans length is so easy! May 9, 2018
- May 1, 2018 When watching TV turns into a shopping habit May 1, 2018
- April 2018
- Mar 20, 2018 White boots: yes or no? Mar 20, 2018
- Feb 21, 2018 Olympic training in Colorado...JK! Annual Sister Ski Trip Feb 21, 2018
- Jan 25, 2018 Seven Unique Ways to Layer Through Winter Jan 25, 2018
- Dec 30, 2017 My 2017 Style Dec 30, 2017
- Nov 5, 2017 The Perfect Leather Jacket Nov 5, 2017
- Oct 18, 2017 I accidentally bought a new wardrobe at Target...again (fall edition) Oct 18, 2017
- Oct 1, 2017 Caring For Your Red Bottoms Oct 1, 2017
- September 2017
- Aug 18, 2017 An outfit tour of London (Part Five) Aug 18, 2017
- Aug 17, 2017 An outfit tour of London (Part Four) Aug 17, 2017
- Aug 16, 2017 A Very Parisian Evening (Part Trois) Aug 16, 2017
- Aug 15, 2017 An outfit tour of Paris (Part Deux) Aug 15, 2017
- Aug 13, 2017 An outfit tour of Paris (Part Une) Aug 13, 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- Jan 27, 2017 Love what you wear Jan 27, 2017
- Jan 19, 2017 You can wear leather leggings and these are the ones Jan 19, 2017
- Jan 11, 2017 I wore a sweatshirt to work Jan 11, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 Winter essential: black tights Jan 2, 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- Jun 29, 2016 I accidentally bought a new summer wardrobe at Target Jun 29, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 Summer in the City Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 15, 2016 What I bought after a month of no shopping Jun 15, 2016
- Jun 9, 2016 My favorite pencil skirt Jun 9, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 My take on the sleeveless trench Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 You can never have too many stripes May 30, 2016
- May 23, 2016 Embracing the sneaker trend May 23, 2016
- May 16, 2016 Getting creative May 16, 2016
- May 13, 2016 Bare leg dress weather is here May 13, 2016
- May 10, 2016 Ode to the day-saving peplum May 10, 2016
- May 5, 2016 A vow to not shop May 5, 2016
- May 3, 2016 Let's talk color May 3, 2016
- Apr 29, 2016 Business trip: the next level of planning Apr 29, 2016
- Apr 27, 2016 The great trench adventure Apr 27, 2016
- Apr 26, 2016 This rule is meant to be broken Apr 26, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 The outfit-making necklace Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 19, 2016 The all-seasons dress Apr 19, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 Casual Friday Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 13, 2016 The power outfit Apr 13, 2016
- Apr 11, 2016 One shirt, two ways Apr 11, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Winter in April Apr 9, 2016
- Apr 4, 2016 Just another Manic Monday Apr 4, 2016
- March 2016