You can tell a lot about a person by their shoes. Seeing my whole sneaker collection together, my first takeaway is I wear way more pink than I realized! I'm all about a neutral outfit with a statement shoe. That philosophy seems to have made its way to my sneaker collection in the form of pink. Pink also matches well with blues and greens, colors that dominate my closet. Justified the pink!
My other observation is that I don't have any brand alliance. Vans, Nike, Adidas...oh my! I believe that there is a time and a place for every single pair pictured. It's not about the label. It's more about my mood, the outfit I'm pairing them with and what's on the agenda for the day. Each pair gives me happy feels when I wear them, and that's enough justification for me.
Sneakers are my favorite footwear next to my fanciest and most sentimental heels. The difference though is that sneakers are comfortable, walkable and an anytime shoe while my heels sit in the closet waiting for a special event to be worn. I try to create at least one outfit a week that incorporates sneakers but is still office appropriate. it's easier than you think and my comfiest day of the week!
Since I'm a sneaker freak, I have reviews of every pair. Whichever one speaks to you, links are available to shop!
These are by far the most comfortable sneakers I own. I really love the shape they provide. Not too narrow, not too clunky, they are just the right size. I love the suede, giving them a unique place in my collection. It was so difficult to pick a color that I ended up buying both the black/gold and the pink/white. This may sound odd, but my biggest complaint is that both pairs squeak a bit when I walk. I'm hoping as I wear them more, it'll go away.
Adidas Stan Smiths
These may be the most popular sneakers over the last couple of years. From the preps to the alts, these shoes are for everybody. This pair had to be mine because of the magenta. I hadn't seen the magentas much and it's my namesake, so I had to do it. On the downside, these are not super comfy. They hit my heels in just the spot that they get rubbed raw. I have to wear my gym socks that have a higher back when I wear these, and I'm not a huge fan of showing that much sock with sneakers. One issue may be that I opted for a child size shoe because they were cheaper. I wonder if I went with the adult size it would still fit but be a bit more comfortable.
Do you remember a year or so back when it was impossible to find the Adidas Allstars? I just had to have these so I spent way more money than they were worth and had them shipped from overseas. I couldn't help but want something that I couldn't have! There's also an element of nostalgia with these. I had a pair with aquamarine strips when I was in middle school that I coveted. I love pairing these with some fancy sock for an extra touch of personality and really make them mine.
Nike Air Force Ones
So much nostalgia with these shoes! When they started coming back in style, I knew I had to have them to revisit the best of my high school years. I have a lot of fashion regrets from my high school/college years, but AF1s were a mainstay. I went through a phase where I only wore pink (honestly, this is most pink I've worn since school). I had a pair of black with pink swoops that I swooned over. I bought them in a size too big on a trip to New York because they were the last pair. I would stuff the toe with towels so they wouldn't lose their shape. I wish I still had those. I chose the white on whites for my return because they are the ultimate classic and white is always right. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the return of the black and pinks!
I really love how these preforated leather slip-ons pair with dresses. Some sneakers just can't balance out the dressiness, but these pull it off well. The negative is that they really aren't comfortable. They rub my heels raw and they're also very tight on my arches. I find myself wiggling my toes throughout the day to bring feeling back and slipping them off under my desk for a break. I really wanted these to be my commuting shoes because of the no sock, no laces simplicity, but they aren't an everyday shoe for me. Luckily, a thin no-show sock makes these a little more bearable.
Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top
Love my Chucks! They got me through miles of galavanting on my European trip and beyond. They are the perfect pairing with a cause skirt or dress. Since they are a lighter, slimmer shoe, I prefer them with skirts, dresses or looser fitting pants rather than skinny jeans. Converse don't last very long, but they are also on the cheaper side so I don't mind replacing having to replace them. With all the bright colors, styles and patterns, there's so much fun to be had with trying different pairs.
When I pass strangers on the street, I hope they see me as a sneaker-loving, fun gal with style. I know how to relax and not take myself too seriously with a well-paired dress-sneaker pairing. At the same time, I can own a casual Friday like none other. Perhaps is also shows my age a bit by returning to some of my favorites classics after all these years. What do yo think your sneaker collection says about you?
- Sep 25, 2019 Surpassing seasonality with a striped dress Sep 25, 2019
- August 2019
- Jul 2, 2019 The best under garments for summer Jul 2, 2019
- Jun 11, 2019 Summer clean out! Shop my closet Jun 11, 2019
- May 2019
- Apr 15, 2019 Miami: Packing, Buying, Eating, Visiting Apr 15, 2019
- March 2019
- Feb 21, 2019 Winter Style Equation Feb 21, 2019
- January 2019
- Dec 30, 2018 A Celebration of 2018's Power Outfits Dec 30, 2018
- November 2018
- Oct 23, 2018 Season Transition is Hard. Seven Reasons it Doesn't Have to Be Oct 23, 2018
- Oct 8, 2018 Five Reasons Why I'm Choosing Jumpsuits Over Dresses (And One Where Dresses Will Always Win) Oct 8, 2018
- Sep 12, 2018 Cape May 2018: Humidity + Wine Sep 12, 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- Jun 28, 2018 I Manage My Closet from My Phone Jun 28, 2018
- Jun 13, 2018 A Tropical Vacation to Set my Wardrobe Tone for Summer Jun 13, 2018
- Jun 7, 2018 Sneaker addictions make for good sneaker reviews Jun 7, 2018
- May 25, 2018 A case for finding a forever seamstress May 25, 2018
- May 15, 2018 Monochromatic Style Experiment Turned Love Affair May 15, 2018
- May 9, 2018 Calling all shorties: DYIing your jeans length is so easy! May 9, 2018
- May 1, 2018 When watching TV turns into a shopping habit May 1, 2018
- April 2018
- Mar 20, 2018 White boots: yes or no? Mar 20, 2018
- Feb 21, 2018 Olympic training in Colorado...JK! Annual Sister Ski Trip Feb 21, 2018
- Jan 25, 2018 Seven Unique Ways to Layer Through Winter Jan 25, 2018
- Dec 30, 2017 My 2017 Style Dec 30, 2017
- Nov 5, 2017 The Perfect Leather Jacket Nov 5, 2017
- Oct 18, 2017 I accidentally bought a new wardrobe at Target...again (fall edition) Oct 18, 2017
- Oct 1, 2017 Caring For Your Red Bottoms Oct 1, 2017
- September 2017
- Aug 18, 2017 An outfit tour of London (Part Five) Aug 18, 2017
- Aug 17, 2017 An outfit tour of London (Part Four) Aug 17, 2017
- Aug 16, 2017 A Very Parisian Evening (Part Trois) Aug 16, 2017
- Aug 15, 2017 An outfit tour of Paris (Part Deux) Aug 15, 2017
- Aug 13, 2017 An outfit tour of Paris (Part Une) Aug 13, 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- Jan 27, 2017 Love what you wear Jan 27, 2017
- Jan 19, 2017 You can wear leather leggings and these are the ones Jan 19, 2017
- Jan 11, 2017 I wore a sweatshirt to work Jan 11, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 Winter essential: black tights Jan 2, 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- Jun 29, 2016 I accidentally bought a new summer wardrobe at Target Jun 29, 2016
- Jun 20, 2016 Summer in the City Jun 20, 2016
- Jun 15, 2016 What I bought after a month of no shopping Jun 15, 2016
- Jun 9, 2016 My favorite pencil skirt Jun 9, 2016
- Jun 6, 2016 My take on the sleeveless trench Jun 6, 2016
- May 30, 2016 You can never have too many stripes May 30, 2016
- May 23, 2016 Embracing the sneaker trend May 23, 2016
- May 16, 2016 Getting creative May 16, 2016
- May 13, 2016 Bare leg dress weather is here May 13, 2016
- May 10, 2016 Ode to the day-saving peplum May 10, 2016
- May 5, 2016 A vow to not shop May 5, 2016
- May 3, 2016 Let's talk color May 3, 2016
- Apr 29, 2016 Business trip: the next level of planning Apr 29, 2016
- Apr 27, 2016 The great trench adventure Apr 27, 2016
- Apr 26, 2016 This rule is meant to be broken Apr 26, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016 The outfit-making necklace Apr 22, 2016
- Apr 19, 2016 The all-seasons dress Apr 19, 2016
- Apr 15, 2016 Casual Friday Apr 15, 2016
- Apr 13, 2016 The power outfit Apr 13, 2016
- Apr 11, 2016 One shirt, two ways Apr 11, 2016
- Apr 9, 2016 Winter in April Apr 9, 2016
- Apr 4, 2016 Just another Manic Monday Apr 4, 2016
- March 2016